EFFECTIVE DATE: February 17, 2014
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Sites or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. Certain areas and features of our Sites and Services may require registration. For example, to register for our email service, you must provide your name, email address, gender, zip code, and birthdate. We may also collect personal information from you in connection with sweepstakes or contests we may conduct.
In addition, if you make a purchase, we will request that you provide your credit or debit card information and your billing and shipping address. You can also create a "Profile" with that same information linked to your email and password so that you can make subsequent orders without having to reenter your information.
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further email communications from Max Brenner (except in connection with information, products, or Services that you specifically request), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every broadcast email that is sent to you by Max Brenner.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
• To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
• To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Sites or our Services.
• To administer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions we may conduct from time to time through the Sites.
• For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
• To better understand how users access and use our Sites and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Sites and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
• Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our franchisees, affiliates, or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
• Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
• In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
• Third Parties. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent to do so in advance.
• Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Sites. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Sites.
• Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
• Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Sites who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Sites, but some features may not function.
Third Party Analytics and Tracking.
Our Sites and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, SSL, firewalls, and internal restrictions on who may access data to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your accounts and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Location and Storage of Information
Max Brenner controls and operates the Sites from locations in the United States. By using the Sites and Services, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Sites, at http://maxbrenner.com/corporate/privacy-policy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Sites.